Management’s main task is to create within the organisation a culture of innovation which will empower workers to think creatively, collaborate on ideas and contribute their ideas to the company. This is not an easy task, but done well it will make construction of the remainder of the innovation machine a relatively easy job.
* Ensure there is an environment of trust
* Establish innovation goals
* Designate responsibility and resources
* Develop a communications plan
* Demonstrate innovation
* Reduce creative risk
* Establish a rewards scheme