Antonio García is a Chicago-based strategist, writer and brand consultant for the industries of design + innovation. When he’s not shaping and sharing the stories and futures of authentic brands, he draws, designs and djs.
Here’s some of what he shared with me about design:
- Authenticity is critical, especially communicating across cultures
- Designers need to be observers, translators, communicators, ethnographers
- It’s about “keeping it real”
- It’s about more than “keeping it real”, it has to come from the heart
- Understanding social mores helps align your work
- Be flexible. Tell stories. Share insights. Be curious. Be worldly. Be inspired.