- Accessibility isn’t just a little piece of a website, it encompasses everything
- 4 Cornerstones of Accessibility – Perceivable, Operable, Understandable and Robust
- It’s not just about meeting the guidelines. It’s about understanding the context of use
- alt text is not just important for people who can’t see
- Images that support or replicate information on the page do not necessarily need alt text
- Don’t think visually. Think from a keyboard perspective.
- First: Develop Content. Next: Build Presentation. Last: Add Behaviour.
- Think “Progressive Enhancement“
Derek can also be found at: