I was putting together my notes and slides for a workshop last week on Understanding and Using Social Media, and quickly noticed that nearly every example and every website I referred to was Canadian.
Here’s a smattering of my references:
- on the PLE from darcynorman.net
- A collection of PLE diagrams from Scott Leslie
- Open Thinking Wiki, Alec Couros
- Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age, George Siemens
- The Future of Online Learning: Ten Years On, Stephen Downes
This got me to thinking. Seems to me that there are a bunch of great Canadians who are involved in Educational Technology at some level: teaching, researching, developing, administering. And wouldn’t it be great fun to have a list of who and where these people were, with links to their professional and personal websites and their Twitter IDs? I think it would.
And here’s how I’d like to gather it: fill out the form to help map the Canadian EdTech Landscape. Fill it out for yourself, or someone you know: mentor, colleague, friend…
The results might look like this.